Monday, November 26, 2007

Thirty-two

I'm turning 20 soon, maybe it means nothing big but then it's my first birthday with two big candles instead of one big candle and many small candles.

Well, looking back I think I've changed alot, in terms of appearance and in terms of character. I've build a stronger character now (at least I think so lah..). From the shy and quiet girl I used to be, to the outgoing and sociable lady.

I remember I used to be very poor in Math when I was in Primary three. I did not fail my exams with marks that struggles to get to borderline, but rather, I failed with 30 odd marks upon 100. Did not do any better even after my mum employ a tutor for me. I don't remember if I ever get better at it, but I got posted to the last class of EM2.

Last class of EM2, the class that people sneers at because we're just one class away from EM3. Nonetheless, with a great teacher, I passed my PSLE with flying colours, entitling me to get to Express classes in Secondary School.

Oh, and that's when I got my very first menstruation too. I know this is probably ?! when I mention that but then it's always a milestone for every girls, for us to learn more about our own body, for us to become a woman (okay maybe not at that age HAHA).

I was still the quiet girl then. Until I saw the school band during orientation and very determined to get into it. That's where I strengthen my character. Although I may look back and think "why the hell did I get punished by those people when they aren't even my parents nor my teachers?!" but well, without all those, I wouldn't learn that in life, whatever gets me to anywhere comes from my own hardwork.

Maybe I have mentioned this umpteen times but then I'm still very glad that I was rebellious back in Secondary two, if not my hardwork wouldn't have gotten me into a very good class. That's when I improve in my second language: English. I used to get a just pass for it but I gotten a grade that's as good as my other stronger subjects during 'O levels'! Not that I'm boosting but well, we all know how much English language is important to us.. it's the international language..

Everything past in just a blink of an eye and then it's time for me to move on to the next phase of life; college life, or rather poly life.

Perhaps I didn't give a good first impression to my peers in Poly but then I'm glad I'm not disliked all the way till my graduation year. At least I have a bunch of Poly mates I can call 'friends'.

In another blink of an eye, I'm now a working adult. Met a guy who's my first real boyfriend (well, those earlier on are just puppy love lah..) and then getting emo about turning 20 soon.

Gosh. How time flies.

I remembered those days I was looked after by a maid or a nanny, and I didn't say goodbye to my pacifier and milk bottle till I'm in primary 3 =X

I remembered those days I used to go to school and then spend the rest of my time in band after that.. The usual chicken rice/mee goreng/nasi goreng plus lemon tea/green tea on Saturdays..

I remembered my very first overseas trip by plane to Japan. That's my very first Christmas overseas and my very first experience in a country during Winter time although there wasn't snow.

I remembered my 8th birthday (I think). My family and I went to the Night Safari and I gotten a Mickey Mouse bag and wallet.

I remembered my 14th birthday because it was a very special day with my secondary school band mates (although I think no one remembers that anymore).

I remembered my 18th birthday and my very first clubbing experience with my poly mates, not forgetting the really memorable cake we had that night.

I don't remember the rest of my birthdays before I went poly simply because my birthday falls during the school holiday period, and the period nearing a new school year. To put it in simple terms, I never celebrate my birthday except those 3 really vivid ones I still can remember. It's never a tradition in my family to celebrate birthdays except for the first few birthdays. (I remember coming across a photo of me celebrating my 2nd birthday)

Well, I just hope that people who are dear to me will not forget my birthday no matter how busy they are. You don't have to celebrate it with me, just a simple birthday wish would just make my day because it means you remember..

32 days to my birthday.. feeling quite emo about it.