Monday, September 01, 2008

Lotus



Watched 12 Lotus last last weekend (overdue post again). I must say, the film is very very well made. I loved the unexpected twist (actually not much but it really amazed me how everything connects) and the costumes that were used.

It's a story about a girl, named Lotus, who wanted to sing the Hokkien song "12 Lotus". The movie protrayed how Lotus eventually "lived through" the song. It's a very dark movie, yet it impacts me so much I kept thinking why Lotus had such a fate, kept thinking up till the next day.

I read Yahoo! Movies reviews, the reviewers either liked it or hated it. (I belong to the former)

There is an artistic touch in this show - maybe that's why some ppl cannot understand and hated it. But the depth of meaning that the director wants to imply is far stretching and purposeful.
- zingtan, Yahoo! Movies review

Totally agree! Jiexiang's aunts, mum and dad didn't like it, but the both of us find it nice. His mum said the first part of the movie is good, but the second part is very bad. I found it rather alright, except the "buy stones" part -_-;

So if you like dark tales, like artistic films, like plausible endings, or even like Royston Tan, you can watch this movie!