Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Compact Camera Search

When I knew I wanted to get a new camera, I had to, first, decide on a brand and then seek out the models. I wanted a Sony for its lovely design but features still come first.

I had wanted a Sony T700 but it wasn't recommended by ***** (named removed to protect privacy)



Also, if I were to choose a color for the Sony compact camera series, I'd have chosen red! But horror horror, the above photo is the 'red' version for that series.

So I had to make way for Canon (being well-known (I supposed) for their cameras). I had to decide on two models which had the latest technology of DIGIC 4. Frankly, if you ask me what's the difference between DIGIC III and DIGIC 4, I absolutely have no idea.

I had to make a decision if I wanted to 14.7MP with 3.7x optical zoom or a 10.0MP with a 4.0x optical zoom..


Canon IXUS 980 IS equipped with 14.7MP and 3.7x optical zoom. It comes in red too but apparently it's limited edition and not easily found in Singapore. The curves looks classy but could be a little awkward..



Canon IXUS 870 IS equipped with 10.0MP and 4.0x optical zoom, oh and it comes with wide angle lens, which made it special!

When I went to stores to see the real thing, I was totally bought over by Canon IXUS 870 IS in Gold! It looks so fucking chio can!!!!!!

Furthermore, when Teck Wei knew I wanted a digital camera as a birthday present from em05, he recommended me Canon SD880 IS.

I was like "What Canon SD880 IS?! I've never heard of it! There's no such thing leh, only EOS, PowerShot or IXUS.."

Then he gave me a URL.

OMFG!!!! I'm so gonna get Canon IXUS 870 IS.. Have not got it from Sitex cos I figured (with consultation from Teck Wei) that the deal's not worth.. so I'm getting it from other sources within two weeks time (I HOPE!!)

Canon IXUS 870 IS... HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!