Friday, October 14, 2005

Last day of work

I've waited very long for this day. This week has been a tiring week for me due to my insomnia on Sunday. It was terrible. I had to wake up at 6 yet I slept only at 1 or 1 plus, I assume.

So I was yawning and had sleepy eyes during work. The routine continues: Sleep, wake up at 6am for work, knock off at 5pm, reach home around 5+pm to 6pm, watch tv/online till 10pm and then sleep.

Though I had around 8 hours of sleep but not enough leh!

Well, it's all over now.

Had wanted to skip work today cos I slept quite late yesterday night too but I don't want Yuet Wei to end up hating me (we decided today is the last day for us but the other 3 had their last day yesterday). Pulled myself outta bed and then dragged myself to work.

Kept waiting till it's 5pm. It was a longgg day.

The aunties said I should spend my last day fruitfully and that the day should not be short. But heck, I wanted to go home badly cos last day leh!

It was very saddening to leave the workplace.

A bird decided to bid goodbye to me. It flew into my workplace from this window which was left opened for fresh air. I swear it was sooo active that I worried it'd present me with a farewell present on my head.

As usual, I was placing books into the auto labeler machine. So the bird flew towards me, around 10cm above my head cos I saw it flying towards me. My natural reaction was of cos to duck it. And oh my god, the auntie beside me kinda freaked out asking "What happened?!"

LOL.

I'm pretty sure the bird missed the outside world cos I caught it flying near the glass windows, peering at the world outside.

It was quite a dumb bird ;P

It knows how to fly in but not fly out.

Poor little bird.

Checked some goods later and had a good chat with the aunties. Talked about life and stuff like that and we laughed at jokes on bad pronounced English word.

Auntie Anna told us once this China girl asked her if she knows where is poli-carrot (Polyclinic).

And there was this one about this China man asking Auntie Shui Lian's daughter where is wei-shi-mo (WestMall).

It was sad leaving them..

Auntie Anna treated me like their fortune god. They asked me my house address, phone number, birthdate and even asked me to choose numbers for them to bet on 4D.

She wrote the numbers 0-9 on pieces of paper and I chose 4, one by one.

9... 7... 6... 3...

I guess they wanna buy this number too..

1... 4... 1... 0... (today's date)

She even bought us Ferrero Rocher. So sweet of her! She bought the box of 16, to give Wenna, Kai Ling and Li Ling too. But they had their last day yesterday.

Was asked to go to level 2 one hour before we're gonna knock off.

:(

Bid our last goodbyes to the aunties.

Sadded.

Then 2 aunties went to the toilet and happen to see us cos we were doing our hair (we wore head caps in level 5 but we don't have to do that in level 2). So we were like chatting abit. When we walked into the lift, the aunties were like saying "good luck, all the best"

:(

Can cry man.

They made me feel loved in the factory.

They offered me their food during lunch (not that I no money buy. I merely said I'm tempted by them. Then all 3 offered me their food), offered me plums and sweets and biscuits during work, talked about life to me during work etc..

All those wonderful moments.

I'm very sure I left a memorable impression on them.

I'm very sure they'll never forget my "her-her-her-her-her" (my machine gun laughter)