Thursday, October 27, 2005

Missing Wallet

I've been rather absentminded nowadays.

Yesterday I left my sister's bracelet at the SIG room and I totally forgot about it till I reach home.

I was lucky that I left it at the SIG room instead of dropping it somewhere if not I would get a scolding from my sister if she found out.

Then today, I lost my wallet.

Only realised it after finish playing pool lor.

At first I muttered a "I can't find my wallet.." in a calm tone cos I always misplace my stuff in my bag since there's only a little extra compartment other than the one which I'm supposed to dump all my things into. And that I always leave that little compartment open because it's a hassle to zip and unzip if I want to retrieve something.

Wenna said "Check thoroughly.."

So I dug and dug and dug.

She helped me hold my jacket..

Dig and dig and dig..

Nothing.

Oh my god.

The next minute I was bombarded with questions like "Did you take it out just now?", "When was the last time you saw it?" etc. I felt like a suspected criminal in the police station making a statement.

I was totally confused that I couldn't answer the question my friends asked.

I was so confused and so calm at the same time I don't know what to do.

In fact, I was so calm that people can't believe that I lost my wallet.

Because there was only one thing I was thinking about..

I was trying to recall what I had in my wallet..

I remembered I placed the neoprint I took with Wendy in my wallet cos it's too big to be displayed at my little card box..

I remembered I had the eleven one dollars which I believe would earn me alot of money if I were to sell it in like a few decades time..

I remembered I had a few IC size photos inside..

I remembered there was a little envelope with my secondary 2 neoprint in it. The small small, very old-fashioned kind..

I remembered I had the two amulets in it (since I lent it to Yong Xiang during filming.)

And I remembered my pocket money were stored inside..

But I don't really remembered if I had placed my IC and my student card in it..

We went back to the pool area to find..

Nothing.

I even emptied my bag (as if for a security check) to ensure that my wallet isn't playing hide and seek.

Nothing.

Then decided to pass it off as I left it in the SIG room since I left my bracelet there the day before.

Somehow, I got scared being bombarded by questions.

My friends cared about me.

But I was there, like a little kid, being questioned by so many people (though not strangers) and I didn't know what to do, and how to react.

I felt so lost..

And then I teared in the lift.

I couldn't control my tears lah.

I thank Person A for lending me money to makan and play pool hor.

谢谢你!
Terimah Kasih!
Thank you!
Arigato!

When I reached home, I tried to recall what other stuff I had in my wallet while I was bathing..

Then to my horror..

I remembered this Clarinet Section photo taken during the band outing when I was Secondary One..

The one and only band outing..

The photo isn't very glamourous.

I didn't look real good in it too..

But what's in it is the memories..

The memories, though etched in my mind, might be neglected in future due to some unforeseen circumstances, and then lost forever..

(Oh geez. I don't know how to continue this entry already. It's so emo I also cannot take it liao. I hope I can find my wallet tomorrow. Cos somehow I recalled that I might have left it in the canteen too. Since I placed it on the table while I was eating.)