Monday, March 12, 2007

IT Show

Worked for Microsoft for the past four days at the IT Show. It has been fun, fruitful, not forgetting tiring too. Apart from leg aches due to prolonged standing, my colleagues are nice :)

Lunch and dinner were synchronised with Wei Ming, Kenneth, Teck Wei and Xeno, so I didn't have to eat alone! Although I tend to the booth at Bell Systems alone, the people were nice.

Basically I think this job ain't as irritating as the Creative WHS, because people just ask you to compare every single MP3 player before deciding which one will meet their needs. In just one day, I think you'll need to repeat 59038u5395 times of the same thing. Although Microsoft is pretty much the same but then at least I get to earn commission for some of the items.

I know, I know, I'm abit too materialistic, but who isn't?

Last day was best because commission was increased and I managed to sell all units of the item with the highest commission :D (I still feel tad bit miserable for selling off the last set of the item because it was the display set and the mouse dropped several times)

Anyway, the main thing is I met quite alot of people too. Bumped into Uncle Daniel and he said he's transferred to block 5. He asked me for my contact number though, am wondering if we'd ever met up or something cos it's abit too weird? :x

As I've said, the people at Bell Systems are nice and they constantly fed me with snacks. Not that it's a very good thing nor it's a very bad thing but I realised when it comes to working full days for work, I get hungry very easily.

Just like when I work for Creative, I tend to look forward to lunch breaks and tea breaks. Dinner for last day was quite pathetic, there were only leftovers for lunch but I didn't want to eat food that was left for a few hours (not that I'm picky lah), but anyway, Kenneth ate half of his share and gave half to me.

Then I sat at my booth to eat the half and some too sweet kueh. The rest were packing up cos it's the last day. I know I'm pampered. Everyone was busy and I was just there sitting down and enjoying every bit of my food.

The coolest thing about the whole IT Show is the tattoo.



I know, I know, it's just a tattoo but it looks so cool and while putting that on, I felt as if I'm all so young again, pasting temporary tattoos on my arms and hands, feeling all so excited about the process and loving the outcome.

Maybe if fated and if I ever work for Microsoft again, I hope to work at the booth for Bell Systems.

One day if I ever go to Sim Lim, I will go up and ka jiao people, probably asking for snacks.