Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lost Times (Part One)

I decided to have an impromptu mini spring clean of my room as I wanted to throw out things I wouldn't bear to throw in the past. (I'm a person who loves to keep any memento that is worth keeping)

I threw out half a bag of stuff; stuff including clothes tags which I used to keep but I figured it's not of any rememberance as it just showed the brand of clothings I used to wear and amount of money I spent on a clothes. I threw out old and dirty decorative keychains/handphone straps. (but I'm still left with a bunch of it) I threw out meaningless documents, warranty cards that have expired or that I do not own that handset anymore etc etc.

I recovered a bunch of cards I received during my Secondary School years, and a few that were received in Poly.Cards I forgot I ever received, and I supposed the senders forgot they ever sent/given out.

The amount I received during these two period of my life carries a huge difference. This just showed that during my Secondary School years, handwritten or handmade cards were still very popular, until all these traditional way of expressing love has been overtaken by virtual cards; ecards that you could only see it online, and not a physical thing which you could keep and still look back in time.

I wished everything hadn't been taking over by the virtual world. As much as how internet has made things easy, it took away alot of things too. Do you prefer receiving physical cards or ecards? Do you prefer to stay in contact with friends through means of msn or by meeting up?

I'm bad at keeping close friends. Friends whom I'm close with during my Secondary School years are now casual friend whom I don't really talk to anymore. It's how funny friends can become almost like strangers.

I will take some time to scan and upload the cards I've ever received soon :)