Thursday, April 17, 2008

Smoked!

On Monday morning, I walked through the main entrance to my office. Oh gosh, it reeks of smoke! Initially I thought it was due to the massive smoke produced by smokers as most of time smokes near the main entrance, but oh dear god, I was wrong.

What produced the smoke? Some company actually burn incense (or whatsoever) in their office! Can you believe it?! The corridor from the main entrance leading to various companies is cooled by air-conditioner everyday!

I supposed it's the Indian company because I saw some flower string thingy hung up on their door. (I'm sorry I'm ignorant about any Indian festivals) but it's just so inconsiderate!

Till today, the corridor still reeks of smoke. We could have died from Day one due to the massive air pollution!


*


I quarrelled with my mum yesterday, over a minor matter, you'd say. It all started when she told me my elder sister, who is currently in Shanghai for a business trip, got robbed during her stay there.

Her digital camera, wallet, handphone and other misc. stuff in her handbag (I assume) were gone.

My mum asked which digital camera my sister brought over (perhaps cos I didn't have much reaction about the robbery) and asked if it's her new and expensive one. I say should be lor, what else.

She said "She should have brought your cheap and old digital camera so she wouldn't lose such an expensive one!"

.........................

I flared up and said "WHAT CHEAP? IT COST ME $400 OKAY!?!!!!!!!"

I was more angry with the fact that she'd rather my sister got robbed of my digital camera then got robbed of her newer and more expensive digital camera. I mean, if you're holding your sibling/friend's stuff, the least you want things to happen is a robbery right??

Furthermore I had bought it with my hard-saved money. If I'm not wrong, I was 16 at that time when I bought, haven't even started working. It contains memories (as I borrowed it for my Japan trip) and most importantly, it's my hard-saved money lah.

So mum started scolding on top of her voice, trying to change topic saying she is just concerned about my sister who is away in other country and hasn't called back yet yada yada yada yada.

I was irritated by her and said "FINE, DON'T TELL ME ABOUT HER STUFF, I'M NOT INTERESTED"

Then she started holler back saying I'm heartless, and say I can disown my sister (OH GOD, can you imagine how she always try to make things worst?) blablabla.

"Have you thought about my feelings when you said she should bring my cheap and old digital camera and that camera should be robbed instead?"

There was a cold hard silence after that.

And like always, she started to change topic and say how heartless, how I should disown my sister, how she is just concerned about my sister etc. and I plucked in my in-ear earphones and watch Prison Break.



*


People say we'd be the shadow of our parents when we grow up.

No, I don't want to be like that. If I think I will be a shadow of my mum when I grow up, I'd rather not give birth no matter how much I love kids.