Thursday, August 14, 2008

MNE2

Watched Money No Enough 2 on Tuesday with Jie Xiang. The show in my opinin, has too much CG and was quite unrealistic, except for the mother role.

Thumbs up for the lady who played the role of the mother!



Credits to Jack Neo.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Why did I say the mother role was realistic? Well, because I believe it is common in Singapore. Siblings quarrel over money and who to take care of parents. The sight of the mother having to downgrade to sleeping just outside the toilet made me cry. The sight of the confused mother being brought to an elderly home made me cry. The sight when she realised she was going to an elderly home, upon seeing her son running away after dropping her off, made me cry.

The mother role was very well acted that I believe I heard some sniffing in the quiet theatre when emotional parts of the movie was screened, but the crowd burst out laughing during the comedy part which comes after the emotional though, but I didn't. The sad emotions in me overpowered the comedy.

Anyway, I think the quality of the video is lousy. Perhaps cos I watched too many HD movies in cinema, and that the quality of MNE2 disappointed me.

Thumbs up for the mother role though!


*


I still prefer The Dark Knight. Sadly, Heath Ledger has passed away, he wouldn't be able to see his brilliant performance on screen but he will be remembered. I heard from Catharine that he actually had drug overdose because he tried to forget the Joker role? That's sad, because he played that role so fantastic that The Dark Knight had many reviews like "best superhero blockbuster ever"

RIP Heath Ledger.


*

Oh, new Olympics layout :)

Michael Phelps is hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been hearing his name on the radio and I decided to google it (seriously when I heard the word "Phelps", I roughly reckon the spelling would be "Phelps" and bingo!!). OMFG you gotta click on this!

Two years older than me yet so many achievements! (Okay I know different people, different destiny) He is good looking too, and that body!!!! *drools*

Let me fangirl for a while (mine is always very short-lived except for Jay Chou)

Today I heard on the radio that he had, yet again, broke the world record for 200m Butterfly Stroke. Maybe something typical for him but guess what??!! When he dive into the pool for that tournament, his left goggle was filled with water! He was 'half-blinded' and how the heck was he still able to break the world record????

He actually 'counted' his strokes so he'd be able to roughly tell when he is reaching the finish line!

Seriously a born swimmer!!!!!

Pray he clinch three more gold medals this Olympics to break another world record. He has already broken many world record, just read his Wikipedia page!!

Okay, let's just wish him all the best!!!!!!!! :)