Saturday, May 08, 2004

An angel

I feel good today.

met him today during my break and was really very happy. time was short but I cherished it. it’s been a week since we last met. I miss him loads.

meanwhile, I feel really good cos I finally have someone to listen to my woes. it’s unexpected, cos that person turns out to be one of the outlet managers. she seemed nice. we talked a bit at first but I felt a little awkward cos I’ve never talked to any of my outlet managers like a friend. that was who she seemed to me. she's like a friend, someone who's there to listen to my unhappiness about work.

I told her about the bloody fellow, Michelle, and she listened attentively. she'd let me speak and then later voice out her views. more surprise, she turned out to really dislike Michelle too. it’s pretty shocking when I later found out she, like me, don’t like veggies. haha.

I like her compliments. it was the third time I see her today. I remembered clearly the first time I met her was when she was observing the things going on at Seoul Garden. later, she introduced herself to me and actually asked me to ask for feedbacks from customers about the drinks. I was like 'oh my gawd' but I did it. she then complimented saying that I’ve got a nice smile and that I should be giving customer service.

today, she said the same thing to me again. =D sadly, I don’t think I’d be fitted in that position. I’m not even appreciated in Seoul Garden. and I heard that they're gonna hire a permanent cashier cum customer service worker. ahs, whatever. they wouldn’t like me, anyway.

as I talked to her about my unhappiness, tears start to appear in my eyes. I guess she can really feel how unhappy I am. she said Michelle didn’t even have a pint of respect for her. cos we've gotta greet other outlet managers if they came to visit. she also see that my managers have been biased towards Michelle. and that it’s really ridiculous when Michelle can actually go over and see what's happening at the staff table whereas we can’t. our managers would scold us for that. ahs, whatever.

well, not to beat around the bush, she's actually the manager from Brekz and Seoul Garden Marina Square. we address her as ma'am Winnie. and I love her. she was into teaching me how to actually serve the customers but of cos it wasn’t any formal training. but she's nice. she had asked me to request to learn customer service but I figured if I were to ask, I wouldn’t be chosen, anyway.

and as I was talking to her, I feel like telling her "can you attach me to your outlet? I can’t really take it working in here. everything is so F-ed up. I wanna feel appreciated." I don’t really mind if I were to wake up early just to be at Marina Square to start work, and I don’t mind if I were to pay extra for the transport fees. I wanna feel appreciated.

perhaps I’d tell her that the next time I see her. I don’t know when will that be, but I hope it’s gonna be soon. (=

with hopes and dreams, I’ll end here. =D