Monday, July 05, 2004

SYF Finals

okay, so I guess Blogspot had a problem yesterday. I just couldn’t seem to write any entry! well, now I shall just run through what happened on Saturday.

Saturday was the SYF finals for the outdoor band competition; something I’ve been waiting for. and thank god I was given a chance to watch it from the grand stand. the beginning was kinda boring and we reached there at about 3 so we were waiting till the actual thing starts at about 5. well, patience is a virtue. ahha. luckily the songs they played while all of us are waiting are nice; or I would just sleep down there. lol!

yea, rv was invited to play for the opening. well, two years ago it was us who played it. it was a fun-filled experience and I could still remember Ms Chan telling us "doesn’t act as if you’re scared when the people fire their guns", we had to just endure the deafening noise lor. I don’t know how we sound the other time but this time round the projection is quite bad. I guess the microphones aren’t working cos it doesn’t make a difference at all.

alot of songs sang by the choir, and it all sounded the same as it was 2 years ago. *faint* haha. waited and waited, and then there was this dance putted up which is very boring. it looks messy for the formations they were trying to make and I told Natalie "perhaps they are trying to do this so it'd look messy. and that later when the bands compete with one another we'd go WOW". she's been complaining that my expectations are too high.. lol.. but I was just trying to be "precise".

this is bad but I must admit it. deyi suck. =x they're just a bunch of copycats and boot-lickers! man, the beginning part was a kinda solo for percussion, 4 bass drums on the left side, 2 tum tums on the right and 5 snare drummers and 4 cymbals in the middle. man! the whole thing was entirely copyright from the movie "drumline"! cant they have some originality?! I guess they should get sued for copyright. =P. but one thing I really have to admit.. their drum major is good. he turned the mace like no one's business. sad thing is, he threw the mace so low but he still used two hands to catch it! that's so.. arrr. lol. they even had a formation of an elephant just to suck up to the Thai judge. what the.. -.-"" when they showed the elephant, I was like "aren’t any water gonna cum out of the trunk?" well, they did show that effect. but I just don’t like it.

okay, so I’m very BIASED. TKSS was great! they'll always be the top outdoor band in my heart! they're really full of surprises! cos this is the Olympic year and they did a formation of the logo, you know, the five different color rings. that’s so cool! I love their swiftness when it comes to rows turning to the back one by one! its so fast and nice and cool! I simply love them! they had this formation of a puma and I was like asking Natalie "are they going to make it run?" and she gave me the "you must be crazy -.-" " face. lol. I was trying to be lame lard. they also had a formation of a castle and a shark. that’s so nice. =) the projection of their music are fantastic and they aren’t even afraid to do solos too! I mean, they had a trumpet and clarinet solo! man! its so hard to project a clarinet's sound lor.

Bowen was also not bad but I personally still prefer TKSS. man, they got top for three years in a row.. And I heard they can’t take part in the competition next two years liao. *sad* I just love the band!