Friday, August 12, 2005

It's still ugly no matter what

Wei Lian got in. That's good news. I felt weird too. But my heart goes out to him cos he really sings with feelings.

I bet alot of people will flood his forum saying how ugly he looks and how awful he sings again. I somehow feel that the only people who truly support him are the ones who really like him.

I admit I'm not a fanatic of the Superstars and I admit I don't vote for anyone. But I still must touch on this fact that why does so many people feel that Wei Lian don't deserve a place in the finals?

I understand that 1) he is visually handicapped 2) he hasn't been scoring very well and the fact that he's still in is cos he touches the hearts of those who voted and 3) blind superstar?

I don't sympathise him. I admire him. I admire the courage he has to stand in front and sing. I admire the courage he has when he can't even see the audience, know how they actually think about him and can't even read the messages in the forum that is specially for him. But still, he beat these odds and sang his heart out for all the matches.

Seriously, he improved alot yesterday. I was also very surprised. I couldn't believe it's him. But I get the comments from people saying that "It's okay lah. I still don't think he should get in and compete in the finals." Why? Just because he's visually handicapped?

He can't dance when it comes to the match where the superstars must perform a dance but he tried his best. And I supposed since it's a "dance" competition round, nobody will actually vote him. I seriously think that it takes him alot of courage to stand in front, sway when he can't dance, perhaps knowing that he might get laughed @ and stuff like that.

But he still stand in front and sing for us. He needs support. He needs people to guide him the way. He definitely needs alot of attention from the crews, participants etc. He knows he needs alot of help throughout the entire superstar journey. If I were him and knowing all these factors, I wouldn't have wanted to even try out for this entire thingy. But he did and he made it to the finals.

Okay, I already don't know how to continue this entire thing but I hope people out there would understand the amount of courage needed for a visually handicapped guy to stand in front and sing.

And for those who has been criticisizing him and whatever, please put yourself in his shoes. I believe if you're blind or has some illness/defects, you wouldn't like people to insult your disability too.

AH~ Whatever. I just felt like blogging these stuff. Pardon me for the dry entry.