Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Factory job

In the previous entry, I mentioned I'll be on a real Hiatus. Man, it's too tempting to blog already, since I'm an avid blogger.

Let me just talk about work.

IT'S FUN!

The people there are friendly and though it's tiring since it's factory work, it's all worth it!

Previously when I worked in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people, it all felt weird. And though I clicked with my ex-colleagues well, there bound to be some barriers lah. So this time it's so much more fun since I'm working with my friends =D

We were separated into two groups though, Li Ling and her friend Yuet Wei (if I didn't remember wrongly) worked at the second level while me, Kai Ling and Wenna worked on the fifth level. All of us exchanged experience working in different level too, but we prefered working in our original locations. LOL.

I must admit there are some cute guys but the thing is, majority of them are from China. Not that I don't like China people but, hmmmm.. I think I don't have to elaborate more.

The three of us did alot of work; packing of injection syringe instructions booklet, tearing the sides of the printed storybook, pasting double-sided tape on the Fuji Xerox photo paper cardboard package, checking the quality of cardboards and pasting stickers on 1ml syringe instruction booklet.

And the funniest happened when we were doing the pasting of double-sided tape.

I ran out of double-sided tape and decided to retrieve it from the desk several metres away. I couldn't find it and decided to ask help from the person nearest to me. As I don't know his name, I decided to just look lost and wait till I caught his attention.

I couldn't make up his nationality too cos as I've said, the China guys looked local. The conversation went like this:

Me: Err.. (decided to pop a question like "哪个 double-sided tape 在哪里?"
Him: 你在找啥? (with China accent)

I panicked cos I was thinking how do I say "double-sided tape" in Chinese because I couldn't figure if he understands it.

Me: Ermmm.. Er... 有没有............ 黏子?
Him: (walks toward a cupboard, opens it and pointed to the normal tape) 这个吗?(in China accent)
Me: 不是! 不是! (rummaging through my dictionary of Chinese words) 我要双面的!
Him:
(walks towards desk and anyhow point) 这里吗?
Me: 找了,没有..

Him: (point to a box and peek inside) 这里面吧?
Me: 没有 leh..
Him: 那我也不知道..

Me: Ohh..

Fine, so I should brush up on my Chinese.

Just hope I have more to blog on.

This means I'm only free on Sats and Suns. Anyone wanna book me?

Wendy's first on the list. So maybe a movie and Pasta Mania this weekend. LOL. I know on top of it will be neoprints. Sian, gonna be broke liao.

Next week booked by PhotoVideo SIG camp.

And then no plans already bah.

I think I'm gonna buy IPod Nano when I get my first pay. Perhaps do rebonding before school starts (Sian, that time cut too short. All my natural BUT ugly curls are back >.<)

Oh ya, and shopping, shopping and MORE shopping!