Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"Take any emotion-love for a woman or grief for a loved one, or what I’m going
through, fear and pain from a deadly illness. If you hold back on the
emotions-if you don’t allow yourself to go all the way through them-you can
never get to being detached, you’re too busy being afraid. You’re afraid of
pain, you’re afraid of grief. You’re afraid of vulnerability that loving
entails.

But by throwing yourself in these emotions, by allowing
yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even, you experience them fully
and completely. You know what pain is, you know what love is. You know what
grief is. And only then you can say, ‘All right, I have experience that emotion.
I recognize that emotion. Now I need to detach from that emotion for a moment. "

Another excerpt from Tuesdays with Morrie


WISP script done. Very happy about it cos the whole team was there :) I'm not the team leader but I'm the connection of all; Jie Ying my primary school classmate, Xeno my current classmate, Zhen Xiang my ex IS classmate, and only an Eric who popped out from nowhere.

Ohh and I'm taking up the Indian shopkeeper role :/ Somehow I can't act out Indian accent, I can only do it naturally. Not being racist here cos WISP requires us to do a skit with an asian stereotype, which in my group's case, Indians.

I believe we will aced our skit cos our skit is funny and we have cute props. Unless the class felt our jokes were too lame and just sat there staring. That'll kinda bring down our morale lah.

Last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HERIYADI!