Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sales yesterday was terribly good. It's twice the usual amount, and of cos that meant we were busy the whole day. Damn it was very pissed with my senior colleague. Not only she went for two hours break (as usual), she came back doing nothing: she just sat there eating her desert. First things first, my supervisor has already stated that we can no longer sit on chairs. Secondly, she went home earlier.

She was supposed to leave at 9pm but god dammit, she left at 7.45pm. Maybe even if she stayed, she would be doing nothing but I'm just pissed with the fact that she went home early to rest. Worst still, she already changed out of the work tee like 7pm and then just lean against the table till what seemed forever. There were many discs at the back and what Kee Ann and I had planned was to put them back on shelves when the cupboards are full and that there were many customers around. We simply don't want to interrupt them browsing titles with "Excuse mes" just to put back the disc.

So that old woman went like "You guys don't know how to put back disc?". I went like "Wait till it's full." Kee Ann just kept quiet cos he don't want to have any disputes with her. Then she practically said "You guys are so lazy. If I were you all, I would have put back the disc. Say what put back when it's full, pure lazy."

SHE DIDN'T EVEN MOVE HER ASS TO PUT BACK ANY OF THE FREAKING DISC THAT WAS LYING IN THE CUPBOARD.

Nevermind about that. Endure. She dislikes me anyway. Then when both me and Kee Ann both split up and put back disc, she just lean against the table, as usual. Then when a customer comes to return disc (bear in mind RETURN disc only lor. That's only scanning the disc!) she just went like "Huei Shan~". Of cos I knew what she meant: come over and serve.

WTF RIGHT?!

Fine. I endure. I see that she work there for a long time already and the fact that everyone else knows her working attitude and yet they can't sack her due to some reasons. Sighs. Just endure.

Well, I believe there's always the blessing in disguise: there was a cute little boy with cracked me up at night :)

He came in with his older brother and sister, sister was browsing at the ex-rental bin, brother was walking with him. The little boy was shorter than the counter and he came up to us and went like "Do you have Maple cash?"

After showing him the designs we have in store, he asked for Aqua Road cash which I didn't have any idea what was it but was told by Kee Ann there's such card but we don't have it and I told him we don't sell that.

Then he went around the store, pestering his brother to help him ask for some title.

Brother:
Do you have High School Musical?

ME:
For rental?

Brother:
Ya.

ME:
Er. Hold on. (checks comp) Yes. We have. (shows them the disc)

Boy held it and take a look at it.

Boy:
Do you sell it?

ME:
Ya. But we no stock already. Maybe you can try the Jelita one. (Jelita is a place in case you don't know.)

Boy:
Can I have a look at the Jelita one?

ME:
(laughs and trying to control) You have to go to Jelita and look at the Jelita one.

Sister:
Don't be silly! (to the boy)

Boy:
Oh. Thanks.


Boy starts to wander around counter and then stops at the counter. I was looking at him of cos, he's such a cutie pie.

ME:
How old are you?

Boy:
Russell.

ME:
Oh. I mean how old are you?

Russell:
I'm 5. How many years old are you?

ME:
I'm 18.

Russell:
What's your name?

ME:
Shan. But you can add the jiejie behind also.

Russell:
Ohh.


Russell saws the Steve Irwin disc we're selling and pesters the sister saying he wants to buy that. Sister then borrows the shop phone because her handphone battery was running low and then hands the phone to Russell after talking to the mum.

Russell: (on phone)
Mummy ah. I using the shop phone ah. Can I buy the Steve I-win, the crocodile hunter, disc?


He's so cute lah. Have to specifically tell his mum that he's using the shop phone. CUTES.

Okay. Maybe you won't understand how come I find him cute by reading the dialogues but he's really cute lah. Before he went off, he said "BYE SHAN JIEJIE! SEE YOU NEXT TIME!" and it made me smile :)

They went to McDonalds after that and then we were doing closing by the time they finished buying the food. When we heard the door was opened, me and Kee Ann kinda felt sian cos we thought it was some customers who want to return some disc but who knows it was Russell and his brother!

They came in to say BYEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~

:D