Saturday, October 14, 2006

Steamboat

Had steamboat with Shu Chen, Shu Mei, Silvirin, Zi Qian and Peng Peng on Wednesday. Met up with them at 1pm at Jurong Point to buy the food for steamboat. It certainly is cheaper for six of us as compared to having a BBQ.

It isn't at all easier too, we had to prepare the food ourselves; remove the shells from the prawns, slice the fish meat for easy cooking, clean the sotong, wash the raw food etc, but it's all worth it :)



Looks YUMMY right!

Then we movie marathoned. This time round, we finished all seven movies I brought! There as Fun with Dick and Jane, Ice Age, Ice Age 2, Doll Master, Mindhunters, Final Destination 3 and White Noise.

Ice Age and Ice Age 2 is funny like hell!

Doll Master is a sick movie.

Why sick? Basically a group of people were invited to some doll gallery place to stay in and that the doll maker will make a doll that resembles these people. The guests were given a room each to stay over and then rooms are just SICK. Every room had a lifesize doll in it; one had the doll sticking out of the wall holding the mirror, and another one had the doll coming out of the ceiling holding the lights. Seriously lah, will you dare to sleep in such rooms? NO I WON'T. These dolls are definitely eerie looking.

Worst still, I think there's a flaw in the movie line. Either the rooms had an attached bathroom (which I don't think so) or the female cast just like to go to the public toilet available. Well, I believed it was the second day when the murder of one of the guests happened and that the female cast got another male to follow her to the toilet. The toilet is, yet again, SICK. There were dolls sticking out from the toilet bowls, which of course freaked the female cast. To make things worst, there was a mirror at the back of the door, as in you can look yourself in the mirror as you do your business. It's even more freaky. Of cos, as expected, the female cast died. Well in case your wondering why I said there's a flaw, it's because if it's a second day and that there's only a public toilet available, the casts don't need to go to toilet on the first day one meh? Why so freaked out?

Mindhunters is brilliant! Seven people had to find the killer in this island and yet they were all manipulated subconciously.

White Noise, on the other hand, is disturbing. I didn't watch that one though, cos I was knocked out by the time we finished six movies. It was around 5am too if I didn't remember wrongly. It's disturbing cos I was deeply asleep when I was awoken by very disturbing screaming voice. It's okay if it's just for a short while, but the thing is, one minute there was screaming, another minute it's complete silence, then one minute there's screaming, another minute it's complete silence, and it goes on and on and on. So you can imagine one minute I heard screaming, I was awake, when it falls back to silence, I'm asleep, then the screaming comes back, I was awake yada yada yada.

You know, Silvirin has miniature mahjong! It's not as small as the one I saw in Cineleisure but that's a fake too (as in ot the same material as original mahjong) but it's definitely small! It's real one lor, and it's even older than me!






Small not?! Maybe you can't see the difference now but I didn't take any more photos of it. Next time when I go her house again, I'll take photos again bah.

Too bad only Shu Chen and I know how to play mahjong, we like teached the rest how to play mahjong that day :/

This coming Thursday meeting them for dinner again. Will be FUN! So nice reminicising with them :)

**********

You know, I think I really very suay (unlucky). Today I was working when this customer called to complain.

Customer: I just borrowed Da Vinci Code and the disc skipped. I've played it for five times again and yet it skips in different parts.
ME: We'll give you a replacement.
Customer: The thing is, the disc is stuck in the player! I can't get the disc out. How are you going to compensate my family? It spoils our mood you know. This is not the first time it's happening already, the other discs we borrowed last time also like that. Your discs pirated one izzit?
ME: No! It's original! It's definitely not pirated.

And then he keeps singing in my ear. When I finally said we'll give him a replacement he said: "How are you going to compensate my family blabla" and then he hung up on me.

WTF.

I seriously think it's his player's fault lor. Da Vinci Code is still new, barely two weeks old, no customers ever complain yet he complains. It's cause he needs to clean his player lor. Chicken. Scold me.

**********

On the brighter side, Lucius came yesterday! He got his haircut and he looks tad bit botak but still cute :)

I didn't get to take a photo with/of him cause his family decided to leave after renting Da Vinci Code.

Lucius so cute lah. I found the egg shell for his toy (as in those machines where you put in $1 coin to get a random toy inside) in the plastic bag which his father gave me. Then I went to him and told him he left his toy in it.

He showed his parents and then came to the counter and went like "Tank yoo, Tank yoo, Tank yoo" continuously until I got his meaning. I didn't get it at first but after a while I realised he was saying "Thank You" to me. Then he went over and pulled his mum to the counter asking her to say Thank You to me too. Although his mum went like "Lucius, you already said "Thank You" to Shan jiejie already and it's enough. Why you need mummy to say "Thank You" again?" After much pestering from Lucius, his mum then said "Thank You" to me to make him happy.

CUTE RIGHT!

When he took a disc to the counter, he insisted in giving me even though Idah wanted to take. His mum went like "He wants to give it to Shan".

Aww.

SWEET.

Next time I'll take photo of him okay! Yesterday quite busy and also we only have one computer so I was quite busy serving customers too.

**********



Step Up is coming to theatres on 9th November! Just three more weeks to go! Woot! I've been waiting for that since I saw the trailer at Apple.com.

I can't wait for it man :)