Saturday, November 11, 2006

Farmart

Yesterday was a BLAST! Intitally it's supposed to be just a gathering but then at the last minute Wei Ming said he will tab the bill and it'll be his birthday celebration. It came last minute and all of panicked, man, such a hurry, we haven't even buy his birthday present lor.

I'm supposed to meet Wei Ming, Kai Ling and Mike to buy the BBQ food at Ten Miles but then ended up I had to go buy the Puma bag he has been eyeing on cos it wouldn't be nice to go there emptyhanded. I took the Express bus to Heeren just to hear the guy at CHECK telling me they had no more brown ones T_T

All because of the CHECK website under construction lah, else I can call and enquire if they still have stock for that. But luckily I asked him to call to other outlet and turn out that only Causeway Point has 1 more left. ROAR.

Obviously I went down and buy. Met Wenna, Kenneth, Yong Xiang, Fai and Joan in Lot 1 instead. When we reached Farmart, we heard Kai Ling exclaimed: "I CAUGHT A PRAWN!"

Woooo. In case you're still wonder what's Farmart you can check it out here.

It's a place where there's prawns ponds which obviously you can fish prawns there. There's also a BBQ pit with free flow of charcoal. Quite a good deal. Renting the rods is the most expensive but experience is never cheap. It costs $26 for 3 hours of fishing prawns.

BUT NICE LAH. When I got a rod in my hands, I just sat there, and waiting for the prawns to get caught. Wait and wait and wait.. and once in every few minutes check if the bait is still there. Then while I was checking the bait, WOOOT! I caught a small prawn!!



WHEEEEEEEEE.

Then I'm happy liao. First experience catching a prawn. NICE.

However, Wenna was practically feeding the prawns, like feeding one per minute like that. She kept changing the bait cos hers got eaten UNTIL she almost caught a prawn. She got so high, shrieked, everyone witness there was a prawn in the hook, BUT THEN it managed to fled -_-

But she still managed to catch a HUGE prawn lah. I got so sad.. my prawn is sooooo small. When I got hold of the rod again, I was really lucky. Just changed the bait twice AND POOM! I got another one.

Shida was very impatient. Just few minutes into holding the rod, she went like: "So is this what fishing is all about?" Then she buai tahan and passed me the rod.

LOL.

In total we caught nine prawns: Me 2, Kai Ling 2, Xeno 2, Weiming 1, Weiming's sisters 1 and Wenna 1.

These prawns are not very cheap wor. They cost more then $13 each. (cos we rented 4 rods)









BBQ BBQ BBQ, seems yummy. Managed to see my small prawn ma? Wei Ming so mean, purposely added TONS of sambal chilli on mine!





The roadside uncle helped us BBQ the prawns.



LOOKS SLURRRRRRRRRRP~

Of cos since it's part of celebrating Wei Ming's advanced 20th birthday, there's a birthday cake!





Birthday Boy..



Blowing the candles..



Taking out the candle holder (is that what it's called?) with his mouth.

Well, Wei Ming did that terribly fast. We suspected he did some training the day before.



Receiving the present lah~



He's so brownie. He was wearing a brown shirt and brown slippers.

After the whole thing, we went to Wei Ming's crib to rot, play games and of cos play Mahjong.



His sister said to let us play with that. SO CUTE and fun.



This is how we're supposed to play that. Stack all of them messily together and of cos make it stable.

Mahjong was not bad. I was considered quite lucky although I won little. Intitially I kept losing. I kept giving and I didn't win any rounds. Until lucky finally came.

Don't remember exactly what tiles I had but I remember I had a few flowers, like 2 of them is mine, then I pong-ed 红中 and 白板, that's 4 tais already and I think I was doing half color. Don't know lah, maybe my tiles were not that good but I remember I already had full tai.

I was waiting for 眼睛, 4 tong, and then it was my turn so I picked a tile. Hmmm.. A flower or animal tile, and I think 咬到.. obviously I had to 扑 my tiles so I picked another one while everyone gave me a 10c chip, the tile I picked faced down with the 眼睛 I'm waiting for..

When I'm done keeping my chips, I opened. TO MY HORROR, 花上字摸

Lucky you know! I'm already so full yet I'm even fuller! When everyone opened their tiles..

OMG, Kenneth had two 4 tongs, meaning I had almost no chance of winning hadn't I picked that animal/flower.

Okay, next round, I was hesitating if I wanna "eat" Mike's tile. Decided not to, and 自摸-ed, although only 1 tai.

Overall, I won $1.40 cos after that I lost abit here and there and win a little bit more only.

HEEEEEEEEEEEE. So much for the day.

Next time I also want go fish prawns with my other friends liao! :)