Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Rules are dead..

.. yet we still have to follow it.

I really hate rules, especially now many many rules have been implemented just to screw up my satisfied working life.

Everything was going smoothly until a few weeks ago, they start to implement a new rule every week.

1st) Vouchers form : there it goes, they don't trust us anymore. Even when issuing vouchers, we gotta write them down (serial number, quantity, signature) and make sure it tallied.

2nd) Late fees form : no more authority to waiving fees. That's such a pain in the ass. We gotta record how much we waived, and get the customer to sign. Minus more trust.

3rd) Now we gotta call the office if we do opening : they no longer trust that we will reach work place promptly.

What's next?

I started hating promoting packages when they implement the 1st rules. We already have damn lots of thing to do; promote the packages (includes lots of talking), settle transaction, add credits, issue vouchers, ensure customer got their discs correctly and now we have to write that damn form.

I started hating to face regular customers, customers whom I know well enough (of cos they're nice people) and sometimes I waived tad bit off their late fees. It sucks when they asked to waive the fees yet all we can say is "I'm sorry we can't do that anymore", then they tried to asked again but to no avail.

On Sunday I was working with Kai Ling, when this regular customer, let's call him Beautiful Eyes cos I was once so electrified by his beautiful gray eyes when he looked deep into me, asking some questions. So Beautiful Eyes came to return this New Released DVD and he's quite late, like 8 days and that's $6 worth of fees. Kai Ling served him, he asked to waive abit, Kai Ling said we can't. Well, I usually serve him and I was just beside Kai Ling so he looked at me, as if trying to see if I would ask Kai Ling to help him waive abit since I always do that, but I just looked at him, and said "Sorry, we really can't do that anymore.." with that really remorseful look.

Get what I mean? I really hate that feeling. I really hate it.

And with that 3rd implementation, I swear I'm gonna request not working openings anymore.

Maybe I shouldn't blog about all that but damn, I'm just so damn unhappy about everything, especially when I'm not sure when I'm gonna resign that job. If I were to continue studying in University, I'll need a part time job rite? Needless to say which will be my choice.

On the plus side, things has been good for the Rain Concert. I mean, Wenna, Kai Ling and I decided to go for the $288 seats, instead of getting the $188 first and then deciding whether we wanna get $388 not if we win the Mobile Race.

Well anyway, so I found an OCBC credit card holder already: my brother and my sister in law! Whee. My sister in law has been very nice to help me book the tickets and made sure everything is okay cos she knows how anxious I am.

Besides, we got really good seats!! Just beside the $388 ones :)

Wenna and I got the job at Creative too. Not forgetting those who also got, like Heri and probably his friends.

More and more good things coming up?

Hope so! :D

By the way, I really really have weird dreams. Bryan passed me the big big board of Jay and I placed it in front of my bed cos I wanted it to be wrapped up then I'll hang it up near my bed. Then since Jay was just right in front of me, and the fact that I've been "neglecting" him and got so "Rain-y" so Jay appeared in my dream!

Kinda reminding me not to forget him.

Okay, I'm thinking too much but I won't forget Jay!

P.S. That dream was very very sweeeeeeeet lah!