Monday, January 29, 2007

Sweetest goodbye?

Not really.

Supposed to start packing abit at 6pm, but dammit, the construction people came so early! They came in like 2pm or something, I don't remember, and when they see that we're starting to pack, they start to dismantle the store!

Roar! They totally spoil the revenue for the two to three hours they've started knocking out the walls and stuff like that.

Nevermind they start knocking down the walls know, they started to take down the VCDs/DVDs, interrupting the sequence of the titles! I mean, we gotta pack it nicely, at least in alphabetical order so it's easier to unpack. But they gave us more work.

We had to hurry and hurry and even though we expected to finish at most by 3am, we finished by 11pm.

Damn, they're supposed to start knocking down the walls at 10pm but by 10.34pm, the store had already become like that:



Maybe you'll say, chey, not alot what. BUT you see those black lines on the orange walls? Supposedly there's metal thingy nailed to it. The workers have to first dismantle the shelves for the VCDs/DVDs, dismantle the poster lighted board thingy, unscrew the metal thingy, and then knock down the walls.

That's right. We lost alot of revenue cos when customers asked for some titles, we couldn't produce it cos it's already packed.

Nevermind.

They smoke in the store know!

I know it's normal for construction people to smoke in the place they're working at, but they kept smoking and smoking! Customers already complain we have moldy/mouldy (?) smell in our air con system :/

Now for the cute part: Lucius came!

And frankly, today was the first time I saw him smile so widely?

He's so cute lah. I was packing and he was there looking at us packing, I walked to him and asked "Lucius, do you want to help?"

"No, thanks", said Lucius.

But when his mum saw him so curious, she asked if she want to help, he went like "Yes! I want to help!"

Then he followed me to gather instructions to pack.

He was able to understand my instructions after one minute :D Brilliant boy.

When told to pass the discs with VE papers to Angela, and totally blank ones to me, Lucius did accordingly and helped till he finished the first three levels of disc which he can reach.

When I'm still packing the upper shelves, he asked "What can I help now?".

So I told him, it's okay already cos he's not tall enough to reach to the top.

"Nevermind! I'll ask my dad to carry me!"

Then he got his dad to carry him but his dad was busy at the counter so he just carried him at the counter.

I was busy packing and I back-faced him, then my butt hit someone.

I turned around thinking: Oh no, who did I hit with my butt?

I then saw Lucius walking towards his mum and dad and then smiled widely.

Probably cos everyone is so busy and when he got near me he got hit by my butt and he found it amusing? I don't know.

But he damn cute :D

I bet Angela love him too.

He kept wanting to help but they had to go liao.

Love him to bits man.

**********

Goodbye, the oh-so-familiar VE KAP where I started working at.



I'll miss the carpet flooring (if they decided to completely remove it but not replacing it with new ones)

I'll miss the oh-so-lousy sound system and oh-so-pathetic little TVs with have in store. (although I heard they might put in two [plasma?] LCD TVs for us)

I'll miss the unique counter which no other outlets have.



I'll miss the broken hatch cupboard doors behind the counter.



I'll miss having to bend down while serving customers cos the tables are too low (though I hate that)

I'll miss the storeroom cos they're removing it completely; they decided to take away out little private area in the storeroom during our breaks, the place where we can get so comfy in..

I'll miss the orange walls if they decided to change it to blue since all other stores are blue-based. I personally preferred orange cos it's bright and happy, makes me happy there too.

I'll miss the big counter which we can fit up to ten people, all squeezed together (though we never tried that before but the new counter gonna be able to fit a few people only? I don't know.)

Basically, I'll miss the old KAP.

Goodbye, the oh-so-familiar KAP.