Monday, July 09, 2007

20th Anniversary Concert

Finally finished Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire yesterday morning with my boy! Still didn't managed to bake our non-bake cheesecake but nonetheless, I'm happy that Jiexiang clicked very well with Wendy :) That's most important.

After Goblet of Fire, a little bit of WOW for him and F.R.I.E.N.D.S for myself, we headed down to Victoria Concert Hall for Yuhua Concert Band 20th Anniversary Concert. We were a little late as we lost our way! Thank goodness a car happened to leave and we found a parking lot immediately.

The pieces chosen were more slow and soothing rather than pop so it was quite tiring to seat through but the second part cheered up everything! Jiexiang's little sister, Wan Yi commented that the band is better than RI band, which I can't really comment cos I felt yesterday wasn't the best of performance.. nonetheless, I'm glad all of them enjoyed it.

Jiexiang "fell in love" with Ramdan. ROAR. Well, I must admit he didn't look as stiff and boring as the other percussionists (no offence really), but with the movements he put in, the feel of music and everything, makes it more enjoyable :D that's why my boy keep noticing him -_-;

Needless to say, Wan Yi thinks that the percussion section is the more outstanding section with the extra performance they're able to give but I beg to differ, it's just cos they can do much more with percussion. If the best section of the year has to look outstanding, and assumingly the bass section is the best section of the year, are we gonna have a little bass quartet for the concert?

But I thoroughly enjoyed the "monkey-ing" and stomping by the percussion section, not forgetting the soothing and unique steel drums performance.

On the whole, the concert was alright but I'm satisfied cos they gave me Khairunnizam solo :P However, I wished they played saxophone solo pieces so it'd melt me more wahahhaha. Very enjoyable for people who first time watch such band concerts though. And like Wendy wrote in her blog, I miss the good old days too..

"Yuhua Concert Band~ Bagus! 顶呱呱!"
(that's our band cheer by the way)