Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Chalazion Excision

I knew it.

After reading so many information online, I knew my condition is chalazion.

I went to the polyclinic today again, got the same doctor as last Wednesday and was referred to NUH immediately.

I totally had a shock of my life when I heard a girl who just came out of the Referral room saying "They say my eyes have to wait next year!"

I was hoping and praying 'please.. let it at least be within this week'..

Thank goodness my appointment is 2pm at NUH and I had approximately two hours to get ready.

My eye had already gotten less swollen and 50% less red as the photo in my previous entry but it's still obvious so I had to be referred since it has been around 12 days already.

While waiting for the nurse to call my name, I heard a lady asking the receptionist something and the receptionist replied something like "Sorry ma'am can I get back to you later cos I'm in the midst of something.."

Then the lady said "You're so rude! How can you treat me like that! I want to see the person in charge!'

Super fucked up lady, really. If you ever see me type vulgarities in full, I really mean it.

She kept saying "This is how you treat disabled people HUH?!"

She's on a wheelchair by the way.

And as if that wasn't worst, she even said "GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM. WHAT FOR COME HERE TO WORK AND TREAT DISABLED PEOPLE LIKE THAT. GO BACK TO CHINA LAH!!!!"

The receptionist kept apologising saying she didn't intend to give her that feeling.

Yet the lady went like "NO POINT SAYING SORRY. NOW YOU TREAT ME SO NICE, YET JUST NOW YOU WERE SO RUDE TO ME. GO BACK TO CHINA.."

The receptionist even came out of the counter, stood beside her and offer another apology yet she was greeted by a thunderous "STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!!!"

Then the Clinic Manager arrive, the receptionist explaining the situation to him away from the lady's view and then he went over, squat by the lady and hear her side of the story.

I remember clearly I heard a "It's either you get her out of here or I will do that personally! You can go and listen to her side of her story!"

Oh and she loves putting words in people's mouth. She was talking on the handphone to her kin I think, and she went like "SHE SAID 'DISABLED PEOPLE ARE RETARDED PEOPLE' YOU KNOW. SHE SHOUTED THAT TO ME"

WHAT THE FUCK? SHOUTED? Unless the receptionist's shout is like a mouse's scream else all of us would have heard her shouting that!!!

Okay enough about that. I'm not pin-pointing on all disabled people by the way (I think I should call them people with special needs), I'm just pin-pointing on that fucked up lady. I've had a secondary school classmate with special needs and he's one of the nicest people I've ever meet, but I just don't understand why that fucked up lady just have to be like that.

If you don't know what chalazion is, it's just a lump in the eye that would only go away after a few months. The doctor gave me two options, one is for surgery but then it can only remove 50% of it and two is for a cream to apply everyday religiously and then it'll heal in one or two months.. THAT'S SO LONG!

Just to console myself, at least my condition isn't as bad as this:



I had to wait for my mum to come and sign the consent form because I'm not of age 21 and above.. gosh, the sad case about not being 21.

So I went to the bookshop for window shop since I had to wait.



Does that remind you of your childhood? I remembered how I like to erase and then use the roller to clean the eraser dust xD



And I remember using that to erase ball point pen ink and sometimes result in softening of the paper and then hole in the paper. HAH.

Okay back to my eye. The surgery took about 5-10 minutes and it's painful when the doctor inject some anesthesia to my eyelid and the underside of my eyelid! But then totally no feeling when he slit.

At the end of it I look like an alien.



An exhibitionist who keep getting stares, and kids will just keep staring at you cos you look very different. Zzz.

Tomorrow can remove patch already but I don't know why doctor so niao! Only give me MC for today. I thought I must at least rest tomorrow to prevent infection =///

Oh and thank goodness for the referral from polyclinic, got 67 odd dollars waived off! xD



Something random. Notice the 3rd line, the company's name.