Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy 2008!

This post came quite late but anyway guess how I spend counting down to 2008?

I watched Alien Vs Predators 2 with my boyfriend......

It's a great show; great effects, super gory, and it's so felt so real (just like the impact of Jurassic Park to me) When the show finished, I was like "Why the hell would someone write such a story?!!!"

Jurassic Park gave me the excitement and felt almost real to the extend I'd imagine what if dinosaurs really exist in this era. I felt the same way for Alien Vs Predators 2.

The show ended at around 12am, so yeah, that's how I spent my countdown.

Mass mahjong session with boyfriend's family/relatives on the first day of 2008 and I reaped $150 of winnings. How come so much???!!! Cos I play $1, $2 with them for the first time in my whole mahjong life. I was very lucky, I won mostly cos of "cat eat mice" or "chicken eat millipede" cos I don't know why but once I "an ka", I get $6 from each player. Scary right?!

On the night of the second day of 2008, I was greeted by the feeling of getting bitten on my inner thigh; more specifically, the part near my private part. I used my hands to felt it in the dark, and I felt bumps - 5 to 6 bumps!

I on the lights and then saw light pink bumps on my inner thigh; those that resembles mosquito bites but I know it's not!

I then saw an insect when I tried to examine my inner thigh closely. .............. before I could see what insect it was, it walked to the back of my thigh, totally away from what I can see, so I just swept crazily at my thigh.

I sat down there, stunned, devastated, hoping it's not bedbugs.

Then somehow I stared at my pillow..

OMGWTFBBQ, there comes a bedbug, out of nowhere, crawling toward the centre of my pillow, near the seams...

I was so shocked, stunned for a little moment, and took the pillow out to show my dad.

He confirmed it's bedbugs :( and started beating and flipping and hitting my pillows/mattress/softtoys on the floor so that those bedbugs would fall out.

One bedbug dropped out of this old mattress.

I didn't believe the pillow in which I had found bedbug didn't have any bedbugs, so I started peeling off the layers of pillow cases it had on. As expected, a few more came out :(

So I'm left with no pillow (because I threw out another old one too)

On Saturday, I will start a thorough spring cleaning of my room; to make sure I wipe out all the bedbugs (I'm hoping those that were killed yesterday were all of it in room)

I might just change new mattresses and I definitely need new pillows. Oh god, Jay concert is approaching and I do want to buy concert merchandise too :(

Maybe the $150 winnings on New Year day was a sign for me to buy new mattress???? But $130 is kept aside for the Bangkok trip, if me and my boyfriend manage to organise one end of this year.

Oh god, what a "fresh start" for year 2008.